Does Amazon Take Food Stamps [Get The Facts]
It’s impossible to think about online shopping without thinking of Amazon. The online giant allows you to buy and shop from the comfort of your own home, and recently their selection has been opened to fresh food and groceries, too.
However, if you use EBT or food stamps, you may worry that you can’t use your food stamps to shop online, at Amazon, or anywhere else. Does Amazon take food stamps? What can you buy?
Let’s find out.
NOTE: Interested in life insurance to cover final expenses like funeral and cremation costs? Or do you want to leave extra money behind to a loved one?
If so, we have access to affordable, high-quality life insurance products that:
- Is available from 0-90 years old! (in most states)
- $1,000 to $100,000+ in permanent insurance coverage (fits ANY budget)
- No medical exams necessary.
- Rates NEVER increase!
- If qualified, you may receive first-day full coverage!
- Prices are VERY affordable, and designed for people on tight budgets.
If you’re interested in getting a free no-obligation quote, please click the link here to run quotes and see which of our top-rated insurance carriers you may qualify for!
Table of Contents:
- Does Amazon Take Food Stamps?
- What Can I Buy on Amazon with EBT?
- What Can’t I Buy on Amazon with EBT?
- The Bottom Line
- Need Burial Insurance?
Does Amazon Take Food Stamps?
Yes, you can buy groceries on Amazon with food stamps. You can buy from the Amazon Fresh section (which covers regular and perishable groceries), and you can also buy from the standard Amazon platform.
You can buy anything on Amazon which is covered by your EBT cards, such as whole foods and food groceries. We’ll discuss more what you can and can’t buy on Amazon next.
What Can I Buy on Amazon with EBT?
You can buy anything on Amazon that’s covered by your EBT card. EBT is an umbrella term for all electronic benefits, including SNAP (food stamps).
Here’s what you can buy on Amazon with EBT:
- Fruit and vegetables (canned, frozen, and fresh)
- Meat, poultry, fish, and other seafood
- Dairy and non-dairy products
- Snack foods (ice cream, candy, chips, etc)
- Non-alcoholic beverages
- Baking ingredients (sugar, flour, etc)
- Baby food and formula
- Bread, grains, and cereals
As you can see, most food groceries are covered by food stamps. Even “luxury” foods, like snacks, seafood, steaks, and sodas are included in your benefits.
So, it’s up to you to decide how to spend your benefits. You will have money to spend on healthy, nutritious food to make good meals for yourself and your family, but you might also have money left over to buy a few treats, too.
What Can’t I Buy on Amazon with EBT?
Amazon sells just about every item you can think of, and the majority of them aren’t suitable to buy with food stamps. This is because food stamps are designed to pay for – well, food.
Here’s what you can’t buy on Amazon with EBT:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Tobacco products
- Lottery tickets
- Pet food
- Medicines, vitamins, or supplements (some energy drinks fall under the “supplements” category)
- Household supplies (cleaning products, paper goods, etc)
- Hygiene and grooming products (soap, shampoo, sanitary pads, and tampons, etc)
- Clothes, cosmetics, home decor, and other personal items
- Extra charges, such as delivery fees and tips
Some unapproved items, like alcoholic beverages and tobacco, are fairly obvious. However, you may be surprised to find that essential groceries, like cleaning products, soap, etc, are not covered by your food stamps benefits.
The Bottom Line
You can attach an extra payment method to your Amazon account. This will allow you to spend your own money on non-food groceries, and use your EBT card and food stamps benefits on food groceries.
Need Burial Insurance?
In addition to helping people with their Direct Express, questions we help people like you qualify for quality final expense life insurance coverage that pays off your funeral and cremation expenses.
These burial insurance plans are perfect for those who are retired or disabled and on a fixed income, and want peace of mind, knowing their final expenses are covered.
Some of the benefits of these programs include:
- Rates NEVER increase like a lot of the junk mail life insurance companies you see.
- Coverage NEVER cancels due to age or health as long as you pay your premium.
- If eligible, you may qualify for first day FULL coverage with NO waiting period like many of the TV life insurance ads offer.
- Affordable premiums for those on fixed incomes.
- Plans offering immediate approval with NO health questions asked!
- Coverage available from 18 to 90 years old!
Bottom line, if you’re looking for a peace of mind, and want your family to have no burden when you pass, then these plans are for you!
Here’s how to get a free quote
Click here and we’ll get you a quote in minutes and get you the peace of mind you deserve!