Buying food with food stamps can be a tricky process, especially when it comes to what you can and can’t buy.
One essential grocery that can raise some questions is baby formula. Can you use your food stamps to buy baby formula? What kind of baby formula is covered by your EBT?
Let’s find out.
NOTE: Interested in life insurance to cover final expenses like funeral and cremation costs? Or do you want to leave extra money behind to a loved one?
If so, we have access to affordable, high-quality life insurance products that:
- Is available from 0-90 years old! (in most states)
- $1,000 to $100,000+ in permanent insurance coverage (fits ANY budget)
- No medical exams necessary.
- Rates NEVER increase!
- If qualified, you may receive first-day full coverage!
- Prices are VERY affordable, and designed for people on tight budgets.
If you’re interested in getting a free no-obligation quote, please click the link here to run quotes and see which of our top-rated insurance carriers you may qualify for!
Table of Contents:
- Can You Buy Baby Formula With Food Stamps?
- What Can You Buy With EBT?
- What Can’t You Buy With EBT?
- The Bottom Line
- Need Burial Insurance?
Can You Buy Baby Formula With Food Stamps?
Yes, you can use your food stamps (now known as SNAP benefits, or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) to buy baby formula.
There’s no limit on what kind of baby formula you can buy, so long as the store accepts EBT cards. You can also continue buying baby formula even after your baby reaches 12 months of age.
The only limit you’ll have is your EBT balance – when the money in your account runs out, you won’t be able to buy anything else.
What Can You Buy With EBT?
EBT is designed to buy food groceries, which includes baby formula. Most whole foods and food ingredients are covered by your food stamps benefits.
Here’s what you can buy with EBT:
- Fruit and vegetables (frozen, canned, and fresh)
- Meat, poultry, and fish
- Dairy and non-dairy products (milk, cheese, yogurt, almond milk, etc)
- Baby food and formula
- Snack foods (ice cream, chips, candy, etc)
- Non-alcoholic beverages
- Bread, cereals, etc
- Baking ingredients
- Beans, nuts, legumes, seeds
It’s up to you how you spend your food stamps benefits, and any unspent benefits at the end of the month will roll on to the next month, to give you some extra spending money next month.
What Can’t You Buy With EBT?
This can lead to your card being declined, or you’ll have to pay for the item yourself later. In the worst-case scenario, repeated attempted to buy unapproved items can lead to your benefits being suspended.
Here’s what you can’t buy with EBT:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Tobacco products
- Gambling/lottery tickets
- Personal items (cosmetics, clothes, etc)
- Pet food
- Vitamins, medicines, and supplements
- Household supplies (paper goods, cleaning supplies, etc)
- Hygiene and grooming products (soap, shampoo, sanitary pads, tampons, etc)
As you can see, some unapproved items are still essential grocery items. For example, cleaning supplies and hygiene/grooming products are necessary to any household. Unfortunately, you’ll need to use your own money to buy these items, and save your EBT balance for food groceries only.
The Bottom Line
If you have any concerns about what you can and can’t buy with your food stamps, call the customer service number on the back of your EBT card.
However, most food groceries (including baby formula) are perfectly fine to buy with your food stamps money.
Need Burial Insurance?
In addition to helping people with their Direct Express, questions we help people like you qualify for quality final expense life insurance coverage that pays off your funeral and cremation expenses.
These burial insurance plans are perfect for those who are retired or disabled and on a fixed income, and want peace of mind, knowing their final expenses are covered.
Some of the benefits of these programs include:
- Rates NEVER increase like a lot of the junk mail life insurance companies you see.
- Coverage NEVER cancels due to age or health as long as you pay your premium.
- If eligible, you may qualify for first day FULL coverage with NO waiting period like many of the TV life insurance ads offer.
- Affordable premiums for those on fixed incomes.
- Plans offering immediate approval with NO health questions asked!
- Coverage available from 18 to 90 years old!
Bottom line, if you’re looking for a peace of mind, and want your family to have no burden when you pass, then these plans are for you!
Here’s how to get a free quote
Click here and we’ll get you a quote in minutes and get you the peace of mind you deserve!