If you’re wondering if you can buy energy drinks with food stamps, you’ve come to the correct spot.
Occasional energy drink might not be considered the healthiest option but can you purchase it with food stamps that are designed to provide nutritious food to families in need? Because we have all the information on the subject, the answer might surprise you.
Continue reading to find out what the US government thinks about energy drinks and EBT cards.
NOTE: Interested in life insurance to cover final expenses like funeral and cremation costs? Or do you want to leave extra money behind to a loved one?
If so, we have access to affordable, high-quality life insurance products that:
- Is available from 0-90 years old! (in most states)
- $1,000 to $100,000+ in permanent insurance coverage (fits ANY budget)
- No medical exams necessary.
- Rates NEVER increase!
- If qualified, you may receive first-day full coverage!
- Prices are VERY affordable, and designed for people on tight budgets.
If you’re interested in getting a free no-obligation quote, please click the link here to run quotes and see which of our top-rated insurance carriers you may qualify for!
Quick Navigation Article Links
- Can you buy energy drinks with food stamps?
- What Can You Get With Food Stamps?
- What Can’t You Get With Food Stamps?
- Need Burial Insurance?
Can You Buy Energy Drinks With Food Stamps?
Yes, you may use your food stamps to buy some energy drinks, but not all of them.
It’s not an easy concept to grasp, but food stamps were founded to give financial assistance to low-income families. This assistance came in the form of a monthly payment on the EBT card, which allowed consumers to purchase necessary food products.
However, certain energy drinks are deemed food or at least edible, or better yet, drinkable, and therefore eligible for food stamps.
How to tell the difference?
Since we said that not all energy drinks are eligible for food stamps, you may be asking how to determine the difference.
It’s a basic guideline that will help you not only with energy drinks but also with any other product you’re unsure about.
Take a look at the item’s label and see whether it says:
- Nutrition Facts – It may be purchased with an EBT card.
Calories, fats, cholesterol, and other key nutrition information will be given, indicating that the food is not only edible but also healthful.
- Supplemental Information – It cannot be purchased with an EBT card.
If the product label lacks calories and instead includes information of the components’ origins, the product is a supplement and not healthy.
What energy drinks are eligible for payment with food stamps?
This is a difficult issue to answer since energy drink makers may alter the packaging and label to increase sales to individuals who rely on food stamps.
For a long, a few companies have had the nutrition information label, and here is a brief list:
- Mountain Dew Kickstart
- V8 +Energy
- Rockstar Energy Drink
- Monster Energy
- Bang Energy Drink
Many more are available in EBT-accepting retailers, so keep an eye out for labels.
What Can You Get With Food Stamps?
Aside from the occasional energy drink, SNAP benefits can give you and your family some healthier choices.
Here are a couple of such examples:
- Milk and cheese
There are also some less-than-healthy alternatives, such as chips and sweets, to pick from. While an occasional energy drink is not harmful to your concentration, you should focus more on healthy foods and nutritional meals.
What Can’t You Get With Food Stamps?
Aside from goods with the supplement label, there are a few other things you cannot purchase for with food stamps, such as:
- Wine, beer, and any alcohol
- Supplements and vitamins
- Tobacco products and cigarettes
- Hot food and coffee
- Cosmetics and cleaning products
If you’re looking for something cool and energetic, you now know which energy drinks to buy with your food stamps.
Always read the label before making a purchase, and check back for further updates.
Need Burial Insurance?
In addition to helping people with their Direct Express, questions we help people like you qualify for quality final expense life insurance coverage that pays off your funeral and cremation expenses.
These burial insurance plans are perfect for those who are retired or disabled and on a fixed income, and want peace of mind, knowing their final expenses are covered.
Some of the benefits of these programs include:
- Rates NEVER increase like a lot of the junk mail life insurance companies you see.
- Coverage NEVER cancels due to age or health as long as you pay your premium.
- If eligible, you may qualify for first day FULL coverage with NO waiting period like many of the TV life insurance ads offer.
- Affordable premiums for those on fixed incomes.
- Plans offering immediate approval with NO health questions asked!
- Coverage available from 18 to 90 years old!
Bottom line, if you’re looking for a peace of mind, and want your family to have no burden when you pass, then these plans are for you!
Here’s how to get a free quote
Click here and we’ll get you a quote in minutes and get you the peace of mind you deserve!