If you’ve been using food stamps for any length of time, you’ll know that there are plenty of gray areas as to which items are approved. Some products, like tobacco and alcohol, are obviously not permitted. But what about other items?
Let’s discuss more on whether products like Ensure, a nutritional shake, are covered by your food stamps money.
NOTE: Interested in life insurance to cover final expenses like funeral and cremation costs? Or do you want to leave extra money behind to a loved one?
If so, we have access to affordable, high-quality life insurance products that:
- Is available from 0-90 years old! (in most states)
- $1,000 to $100,000+ in permanent insurance coverage (fits ANY budget)
- No medical exams necessary.
- Rates NEVER increase!
- If qualified, you may receive first-day full coverage!
- Prices are VERY affordable, and designed for people on tight budgets.
If you’re interested in getting a free no-obligation quote, please click the link here to run quotes and see which of our top-rated insurance carriers you may qualify for!
Table Of Contents:
- Can You Buy Ensure With Food Stamps?
- What Can You Buy With EBT?
- What Can’t You Buy With EBT?
- The Bottom Line
- Need Burial Insurance?
Can You Buy Ensure With Food Stamps?
Yes, you can buy Ensure with food stamps. While food stamps can’t be used to buy vitamins, medicines, or supplements, there are exceptions.
So, it’s always a good idea to check the label of a drink or smoothie before you add it to your shopping cart, to make sure it’s covered by your EBT food stamps money.
What Can You Buy With EBT?
EBT (Electronic Benefits Transfer) is used to distribute SNAP/food stamps benefits. It’s designed to provide supplemental nutrition to low-income American families.
- Fruits and vegetables
- Dairy products, like cheese, yogurt, and milk
- Cereals and grains
- Seeds, to grow food at home
- Nuts, beans, and legumes
- Non-alcoholic beverages (such as juice and water)
- Snack foods
You’ll have plenty of choices in how you spend your EBT. You can’t overspend your EBT card, as once your balance runs out, you simply won’t be able to make purchases.
However, if you accidentally buy something unapproved with your EBT card, you may have to pay the money back later on – or your card will be declined at the checkout.
Any remaining money left at the end of the month will be added to next month’s benefits.
What Can’t You Buy With EBT?
Food stamps are designed to buy – well, food. EBT doesn’t cover non-food groceries, even essential household supplies.
Here’s what you can’t buy with EBT:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Tobacco products
- Gambling (lottery tickets are included)
- Pet food and supplies
- Personal items, such as clothes and cosmetics
- Hygiene and grooming products (soap, shampoo, sanitary pads, etc)
- Household supplies (like cleaning products and paper goods)
- Vitamins, medicines, and supplements
- Restaurant food or fast food
- Hot, pre-prepared food (such as rotisserie chickens)
Many stores allow shoppers to make multiple payments, so you can use your own money for non-food groceries, and use your EBT card to pay for food.
The Bottom Line
While EBT benefits do come with some restrictions, they mean that millions of families have money for food every single week.
Need Burial Insurance?
In addition to helping people with their Direct Express, questions we help people like you qualify for quality final expense life insurance coverage that pays off your funeral and cremation expenses.
These burial insurance plans are perfect for those who are retired or disabled and on a fixed income, and want peace of mind, knowing their final expenses are covered.
Some of the benefits of these programs include:
- Rates NEVER increase like a lot of the junk mail life insurance companies you see.
- Coverage NEVER cancels due to age or health as long as you pay your premium.
- If eligible, you may qualify for first day FULL coverage with NO waiting period like many of the TV life insurance ads offer.
- Affordable premiums for those on fixed incomes.
- Plans offering immediate approval with NO health questions asked!
- Coverage available from 18 to 90 years old!
Bottom line, if you’re looking for a peace of mind, and want your family to have no burden when you pass, then these plans are for you!
Here’s how to get a free quote
Click here and we’ll get you a quote in minutes and get you the peace of mind you deserve!