Food stamp benefits are a lifesaver for many American families, but they can make shopping a little more complicated.
Aside from worrying about what you can and can’t buy with your benefits, you may worry about whether your local bargain store accepts EBT cards or not. One popular store is WholeFoods, so can you use your food stamps benefits there? Let’s find out.
NOTE: Interested in life insurance to cover final expenses like funeral and cremation costs? Or do you want to leave extra money behind to a loved one?
If so, we have access to affordable, high-quality life insurance products that:
- Is available from 0-90 years old! (in most states)
- $1,000 to $100,000+ in permanent insurance coverage (fits ANY budget)
- No medical exams necessary.
- Rates NEVER increase!
- If qualified, you may receive first-day full coverage!
- Prices are VERY affordable, and designed for people on tight budgets.
If you’re interested in getting a free no-obligation quote, please click the link here to run quotes and see which of our top-rated insurance carriers you may qualify for!
Table Of Contents:
- Do WholeFoods Take Food Stamps?
- What Can I Buy With EBT at WholeFoods?
- What Can’t I Buy With EBT at WholeFoods?
- Can I Use My EBT Card to Pay Online At WholeFoods?
- The Bottom Line
- Need Burial Insurance?
Do WholeFoods Take Food Stamps?
Yes, WholeFoods does accept EBT cards and SNAP benefits (which have replaced the traditional food stamp coupons).
WholeFoods is known for selling… well, whole foods. WholeFoods offers food free from preservatives and other artificial ingredients. This makes it an ideal store for buying healthy, nutritious food.
To use your EBT balance, you’ll be given a plastic card, like a credit or debit card. You can use this card to pay at the tills the same way you would with a normal payment card.
What Can I Buy With EBT At WholeFoods?
WholeFoods mostly focuses on food items, meaning that most items in the store are suitable for you to buy with your EBT card.
So, here’s what you can buy at WholeFoods with EBT:
- Fruit and vegetables, frozen, fresh, or canned
- Meat, poultry, and seafood
- Dairy and non-dairy products (cheese, milk, yogurt, almond milk, oat milk, etc)
- Nuts, seeds, and beans
- Bread and cereals
- Baking ingredients
- Non-alcoholic beverages
- Snack foods (ice cream, chips, sodas, etc)
Essentially, any food item (not hot food or pre-prepared food) is covered by your EBT at WholeFoods.
What Can’t I Buy With EBT At WholeFoods?
Just like any other store, there are certain products at WholeFoods that aren’t covered by your EBT. You won’t be allowed to use your EBT card to pay for these items, although you can use your own money.
Here’s what you can’t buy at WholeFoods with EBT:
- Tobacco products
- Alcoholic beverages
- Vitamins, medicines, and supplements
- Hot food, or food designed to be eaten immediately (like restaurant food and fast food)
- Pet food
- Toiletries or personal items
- Household supplies
Household supplies are clearly essential groceries. However, you’ll need to use your own money to pay for these items.
Can I Use My EBT Card To Pay Online At WholeFoods?
Unfortunately, WholeFoods does not accept EBT cards for online payments or pickup deliveries. EBT cards do cover some online payments in different stores, but they don’t cover delivery fees or other charges, so you’ll need to use another form of payment as well as your EBT card.
The Bottom Line
Most of the items sold at WholeFoods are covered by your food stamps benefits, allowing you a considerably easier shopping experience.
Need Burial Insurance?
In addition to helping people with their Direct Express, questions we help people like you qualify for quality final expense life insurance coverage that pays off your funeral and cremation expenses.
These burial insurance plans are perfect for those who are retired or disabled and on a fixed income, and want peace of mind, knowing their final expenses are covered.
Some of the benefits of these programs include:
- Rates NEVER increase like a lot of the junk mail life insurance companies you see.
- Coverage NEVER cancels due to age or health as long as you pay your premium.
- If eligible, you may qualify for first day FULL coverage with NO waiting period like many of the TV life insurance ads offer.
- Affordable premiums for those on fixed incomes.
- Plans offering immediate approval with NO health questions asked!
- Coverage available from 18 to 90 years old!
Bottom line, if you’re looking for a peace of mind, and want your family to have no burden when you pass, then these plans are for you!
Here’s how to get a free quote
Click here and we’ll get you a quote in minutes and get you the peace of mind you deserve!