Target proves a convenient and reasonably priced store, allowing households to pick up a week’s shopping easily.
However, if you use food stamps (via an EBT account), you might worry about whether you can use your benefits at Target.
So, does Target accept food stamps? What can you buy at Target with food stamps? More importantly, what can’t you buy?
Let’s find out.
NOTE: Interested in life insurance to cover final expenses like funeral and cremation costs? Or do you want to leave extra money behind to a loved one?
If so, we have access to affordable, high-quality life insurance products that:
- Is available from 0-90 years old! (in most states)
- $1,000 to $100,000+ in permanent insurance coverage (fits ANY budget)
- No medical exams necessary.
- Rates NEVER increase!
- If qualified, you may receive first-day full coverage!
- Prices are VERY affordable, and designed for people on tight budgets.
If you’re interested in getting a free no-obligation quote, please click the link here to run quotes and see which of our top-rated insurance carriers you may qualify for!
Table of Contents:
- Does Target Take Food Stamps?
- What Can I Buy At Target With Food Stamps?
- What Can’t I Buy At Target With Food Stamps?
- The Bottom Line
- Need Burial Insurance?
Does Target Take Food Stamps?
Yes, Target does accept food stamps. Most large stores accept food stamps and EBT cards, making shopping for low-income families much easier.
To use food stamps, you’ll be given an EBT (Electronic Benefits Transfer) account, along with a plastic payment card. You can use this card to pay for your shopping at the Target checkout, or at the self-checkout.
What Can I Buy At Target With Food Stamps?
Not everything at Target is covered by your food stamps benefits. Experienced EBT users know that food stamps only cover food items and ingredients.
Here’s what you can buy at Target with food stamps:
- Fruit and vegetables (canned, frozen, or fresh)
- Meat, poultry, fish, and seafood
- Dairy and non-dairy products
- Bread, cereals, and grains
- Non-alcoholic beverages
- Snack foods (ice cream, chips, candy, soda, etc)
- Baby food and formula
What Can’t I Buy At Target With Food Stamps?
Some items, like alcoholic beverages and tobacco, are obviously not covered by your food stamps money. However, you might be surprised at what isn’t covered by EBT.
Here’s what you can’t buy at Target with EBT:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Tobacco products
- Lottery tickets
- Pet food
- Vitamins, medicines, or supplements (some energy drinks fall under the “supplements” category)
- Hot food and drinks, pre-prepared or designed to be eaten or drunk immediately (hot coffee, rotisserie chickens, etc)
- Household supplies (cleaning supplies, paper goods, etc)
- Hygiene and grooming products (soap, shampoo, etc)
- Clothes, cosmetics, or other personal items
If you need to buy non-food groceries, or items not covered by your food stamps, you may be able to split your shopping into several payments. Then, you can use your food stamps benefits to pay for food groceries and your own money for non-food groceries.
The Bottom Line
You can’t overspend your benefits – once your money has run out, the card will simply decline. However, any leftover benefits will roll onto the next month, adding on to the next lot of monthly benefits.
If you’re not sure whether a store accepts EBT, ask a member of staff. Otherwise, you can call the customer service number on the back of your EBT card.
Need Burial Insurance?
In addition to helping people with their Direct Express, questions we help people like you qualify for quality final expense life insurance coverage that pays off your funeral and cremation expenses.
These burial insurance plans are perfect for those who are retired or disabled and on a fixed income, and want peace of mind, knowing their final expenses are covered.
Some of the benefits of these programs include:
- Rates NEVER increase like a lot of the junk mail life insurance companies you see.
- Coverage NEVER cancels due to age or health as long as you pay your premium.
- If eligible, you may qualify for first day FULL coverage with NO waiting period like many of the TV life insurance ads offer.
- Affordable premiums for those on fixed incomes.
- Plans offering immediate approval with NO health questions asked!
- Coverage available from 18 to 90 years old!
Bottom line, if you’re looking for a peace of mind, and want your family to have no burden when you pass, then these plans are for you!
Here’s how to get a free quote
Click here and we’ll get you a quote in minutes and get you the peace of mind you deserve!