Shopping with food stamps can be something of a trial. You might worry about whether you have enough balance left in your EBT account – or worse still, whether or not the store accepts food stamps.
Most modern stores accept food stamps (now known as SNAP benefits). Instacart is the world’s largest online grocery delivery service, and with the recent pandemic, many shoppers are choosing to have their food delivered.
So, can you use your EBT card to pay for Instacart deliveries? What can you buy? Let’s find out.
NOTE: Interested in life insurance to cover final expenses like funeral and cremation costs? Or do you want to leave extra money behind to a loved one?
If so, we have access to affordable, high-quality life insurance products that:
- Is available from 0-90 years old! (in most states)
- $1,000 to $100,000+ in permanent insurance coverage (fits ANY budget)
- No medical exams necessary.
- Rates NEVER increase!
- If qualified, you may receive first-day full coverage!
- Prices are VERY affordable, and designed for people on tight budgets.
If you’re interested in getting a free no-obligation quote, please click the link here to run quotes and see which of our top-rated insurance carriers you may qualify for!
Table of Contents:
- Does Instacart Take Food Stamps?
- What Can You Buy With EBT?
- What Can’t You Buy With EBT?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- The Bottom Line
- Need Burial Insurance?
Does Instacart Take Food Stamps?
You can use food stamps to pay for groceries via Instacart, but you also need to have an additional credit or debit card attached to your account.
This is because when you use Instacart, you don’t just pay for your food. You pay for delivery fees and other extra costs, which aren’t covered by your EBT balance. Food stamps are intended for just that – food, not a delivery fee.
What Can You Buy With EBT?
Here’s what you can buy with EBT:
- Fruit and vegetables
- Meat, poultry, and fish
- Dairy products
- Bread, grains, and cereals
- Nuts, beans, seeds, etc
- Snack foods (ice cream, chips, candy, etc)
- Non-alcoholic beverages
Since you need to have a credit or debit card attached to your account as well as your EBT card, you can use your own money to buy non-approved grocery products yourself.
What Can’t You Buy With EBT?
Unfortunately, there are plenty of non-food, essential groceries which aren’t covered by your food stamps money.
Here’s what you can’t buy with EBT:
- Household supplies
- Cleaning products
- Sanitary and hygiene products
- Pet food
- Vitamins, medicines, and supplements
- Hot, pre-prepared food (like rotisserie chickens)
- Clothes and cosmetics
- Restaurant food or hot food
- Alcoholic beverages
- Tobacco products
If you try and buy a non-approved item, your card will likely be declined.
Frequently Asked Questions
Many new EBT users have lots of questions about their new benefits. So, let’s take a look at two of the most commonly asked questions about food stamps.
- Can I order groceries online with EBT?
Yes, you can order groceries online with EBT/SNAP benefits. However, you may need to have a credit or debit card attached to your account, as your benefits won’t cover the delivery fees and other costs.
You can also use your EBT card in-store just like an ordinary payment card, and you can also use it at the self-checkout.
Ordering groceries via food delivery apps is a relatively new benefit. While Instacart, UberEats, and some other apps do take EBT, many more apps don’t. Remember, you can’t use your benefits to order fast food.
The Bottom Line
Shopping online is a much safer choice during our current pandemic. If you can, use your EBT card to have your groceries delivered, and stay safe.
Need Burial Insurance?
In addition to helping people with their Direct Express, questions we help people like you qualify for quality final expense life insurance coverage that pays off your funeral and cremation expenses.
These burial insurance plans are perfect for those who are retired or disabled and on a fixed income, and want peace of mind, knowing their final expenses are covered.
Some of the benefits of these programs include:
- Rates NEVER increase like a lot of the junk mail life insurance companies you see.
- Coverage NEVER cancels due to age or health as long as you pay your premium.
- If eligible, you may qualify for first day FULL coverage with NO waiting period like many of the TV life insurance ads offer.
- Affordable premiums for those on fixed incomes.
- Plans offering immediate approval with NO health questions asked!
- Coverage available from 18 to 90 years old!
Bottom line, if you’re looking for a peace of mind, and want your family to have no burden when you pass, then these plans are for you!
Here’s how to get a free quote
Click here and we’ll get you a quote in minutes and get you the peace of mind you deserve!