Many people get anxious when they have to recertify their food stamps. They are anxious that they might miss out on food stamps or receive their benefits late.
If you are one of them please don’t worry about it. Read our article, and just follow all the steps and you should be fine.
In this article, we’ll tell you what to do to make sure that you receive your benefits without interruption and what happens if you don’t apply for recertification in time.
NOTE: Interested in life insurance to cover final expenses like funeral and cremation costs? Or do you want to leave extra money behind to a loved one?
If so, we have access to affordable, high-quality life insurance products that:
- Is available from 0-90 years old! (in most states)
- $1,000 to $100,000+ in permanent insurance coverage (fits ANY budget)
- No medical exams necessary.
- Rates NEVER increase!
- If qualified, you may receive first-day full coverage!
- Prices are VERY affordable, and designed for people on tight budgets.
If you’re interested in getting a free no-obligation quote, please click the link here to run quotes and see which of our top-rated insurance carriers you may qualify for!
Quick Navigation Article Links
- How to ensure that you continue to receive your SNAP benefits after the expiry date
- What information must you provide on your application form?
- What happens if you don’t apply in time for recertification of your SNAP benefits?
- How do you return your recertification form?
- What happens if I send everything back on time but don’t receive my SNAP benefits?
- Need Burial Insurance?
Once you are approved for SNAP, you will be certified to receive your SNAP benefits for a certain period of time after which you must apply to be recertified.
SNAP benefits are certified for 6, 12 or 24 months depending on the state. In some states, it’s even certified for 36 months. You should make sure what period applies in your state. Depending on what length of time your SNAP benefits were certified for, you need to apply for recertification two weeks before your certification expires.
How To Ensure That You Continue To Receive Your SNAP Benefits After The Expiry Date
To be sure that you continue to receive SNAP benefits after the expiration date, you must do the following:
- Return an application form
- Do an interview
- Provide any documents the authorities request
Of course, you must still be eligible for SNAP benefits. To receive uninterrupted SNAP benefits, you must return all the above documents 15 days before your certification period expires.
What Information Must You Provide On The Application Form?
When completing the form, you need to provide the following information:
- If your address or phone number changed
- If someone joined or left your household
- Any changes to noncitizen status
- If anyone is a student
- Income for all household members.
If the recertification form does not have a question about income, write this information down in the section about “additional information”. You must also provide proof of everyone’s income.
In addition, you may also want to provide information about your monthly costs, for instance:
- Utility costs,
- Medical costs
- Dependent care costs
- Housing costs
- Child support payments you make.
Please note that you only need to provide information about your medical costs if it has changed by $25 or more.
Read the instructions carefully to know what documents you need to include as proof and return these with the completed Recertification form.
What Happens If You Don’t Apply In Time For Recertification Of Your SNAP Benefits?
Please note that if you don’t apply in time for recertification of your benefits, your SNAP payments will stop.
How Do You Return Your Recertification Form?
In all the states, you have three options for returning your Recertification form:
You can complete it online. If you don’t know the web address, simply type your state’s name into Google + SNAP recertification. This should take you to the appropriate site online. This information may also be clearly stated on the Recertification application form.
You can also send all your documentation by fax or email. You will most likely find this information on the Recertification form.
Lastly, you can take the form and all your documentation to your local SNAP authority. This information should also be on the Recertification form.
What If I Can’t Complete The Recertification Form?
If you are unable to complete the form on your own because of your age or being unwell and you can’t find someone to help you, don’t worry. Simply call your local SNAP authority and they will help you to make other arrangements.
How Can I Keep My SNAP Benefits Without Interruption?
You should receive your form in time, you can easily complete and return it and all your paperwork in good time to continue your SNAP benefits without interruption. If you’re still eligible and you send your form on time there will be no interruption of your benefits.
However, if you send the form and your documents back after the deadline, your benefits may be interrupted.
What Happens If I Don’t Send Back The Form?
If you fail to return the form, your benefits will stop and you will not get a notice from the authorities. Please try to avoid this situation.
What Happens If I Send Everything Back On Time But Don’t Receive My SNAP Benefits?
If this happens, you can track your recertification application online or you can call your local office to find out what’s going on.
Need Burial Insurance?
In addition to helping people with their Direct Express, questions we help people like you qualify for quality final expense life insurance coverage that pays off your funeral and cremation expenses.
These burial insurance plans are perfect for those who are retired or disabled and on a fixed income, and want peace of mind, knowing their final expenses are covered.
Some of the benefits of these programs include:
- Rates NEVER increase like a lot of the junk mail life insurance companies you see.
- Coverage NEVER cancels due to age or health as long as you pay your premium.
- If eligible, you may qualify for first day FULL coverage with NO waiting period like many of the TV life insurance ads offer.
- Affordable premiums for those on fixed incomes.
- Plans offering immediate approval with NO health questions asked!
- Coverage available from 18 to 90 years old!
Bottom line, if you’re looking for a peace of mind, and want your family to have no burden when you pass, then these plans are for you!
Here’s how to get a free quote
Click here and we’ll get you a quote in minutes and get you the peace of mind you deserve!