Institution-Related Eligibility District Office SNAP Office is located at 301 5th Avenue Pittsburgh, PA – 15222. This is a local County Assistance office where you can apply for SNAP food stamps, obtain help with child care, health coverage assistance, find help for LIHEAP, school meal assistance, etc. You can also visit the online assistance for the State of Pennsylvania called COMPASS.
- In Pennsylvania, the following people may apply for SNAP
The head of the household;
The spouse of the head of household;
Any other responsible household member; or
A designated authorized representative, who can be a friend, relative, neighbor, or anyone else the applicant trusts to go food shopping and use their SNAP benefits.
- SNAP benefits are placed in an electronic account that only the recipient can use.
- This system is called Electronic Benefits Transfer or EBT.
- The ebt card in Pennsylvania is called the ebt access card.
- This card allows withdrawals for food purchases at grocery stores and supermarkets.
- The store uses the EBT ACCESS card to electronically subtract purchases from the SNAP account, the same as people use credit cards in these stores.