If you’re in the mood for something refreshing and need an extra dose of energy, you might want to sip a Red Bull, but can you get it with food stamps?
This is one of the most contentious items on the list of what you may and cannot buy with EBT cards, and the argument is still ongoing. We’ve got all the information you need about Red Bull and other energetic beverages.
You might be shocked to learn how to know if you can use your food stamps to pay for them, so let’s dive right into it and get all the facts.
NOTE: Interested in life insurance to cover final expenses like funeral and cremation costs? Or do you want to leave extra money behind to a loved one?
If so, we have access to affordable, high-quality life insurance products that:
- Is available from 0-90 years old! (in most states)
- $1,000 to $100,000+ in permanent insurance coverage (fits ANY budget)
- No medical exams necessary.
- Rates NEVER increase!
- If qualified, you may receive first-day full coverage!
- Prices are VERY affordable, and designed for people on tight budgets.
If you’re interested in getting a free no-obligation quote, please click the link here to run quotes and see which of our top-rated insurance carriers you may qualify for!
Quick Navigation Article Links
- Can You Buy Red Bull with Food Stamps?
- What Can You Get With Food Stamps?
- What Can’t You Get With Food Stamps?
- Need Burial Insurance?
Can You Buy Red Bull With Food Stamps?
Yes, Red Bull is one of the energetic beverages you may purchase with your EBT card.
While food stamps are given to low-income families to meet the demand for nutritious meals, certain things that you would not consider nutritious made it into the list. This is great news if you want a quick pick-me-up and a refreshing sip of your favorite beverage.
Can Food Stamps Be Used to Purchase All Energy Drinks?
No, the regulation that applies to Red Bull does not apply to other energy drinks. But how can you know if an item is qualified for purchase with an EBT card?
All you have to do is look at the label. This might mean one of two things:
- Nutrition Facts – If you notice a label that lists the number of calories, fat, and other nutritional information, it’s considered food and may be purchased with food stamps.
- Supplement Data – When the label contains only supplement facts and no calories, it is classed as a supplement by the FDA and cannot be purchased with an EBT card.
Red Bull had a supplement facts label until 2013 when it was changed to nutrition facts, and they are now on the list of authorized goods that may be purchased with food stamps.
However, most energy drinks still provide just supplement information.
Where Can You Purchase Red Bull?
Now that you know food stamps may be used to purchase Red Bull, you may be asking where you can get it.
Most retailers, including Publix, Wal-Mart, Target, and Whole Foods, accept EBT cards and generally have Red Bull on hand, making them an excellent option.
However, certain stores, such as Vitamin Shoppe and GNC, do not take food stamps, so even if energy drinks are available, you must pay for them with cash or a debit card.
What Can You Get With Food Stamps?
There is a list of products that you can purchase with your EBT card that is labeled as necessary and nutritious for each family member.
Aside from Red Bull, here is a brief list of other items you may purchase with your food stamps:
As you can see, the list is full of refreshing beverages, and virtually everyone will find one that suits them.
What Can’t You Get With Food Stamps?
Aside from specific energy drinks, there are a few other items that you cannot purchase with your EBT card. This includes the following:
- All alcoholic beverages
- Food that is hot
- Food to be consumed at the shops
When you’re in the mood for something light and energetic, you now know what and where you can get it with your food stamps.
The regulations are always changing, so stay up to date and read all of the information you need to be sure you’re using your EBT correctly.
Need Burial Insurance?
In addition to helping people with their Direct Express, questions we help people like you qualify for quality final expense life insurance coverage that pays off your funeral and cremation expenses.
These burial insurance plans are perfect for those who are retired or disabled and on a fixed income, and want peace of mind, knowing their final expenses are covered.
Some of the benefits of these programs include:
- Rates NEVER increase like a lot of the junk mail life insurance companies you see.
- Coverage NEVER cancels due to age or health as long as you pay your premium.
- If eligible, you may qualify for first day FULL coverage with NO waiting period like many of the TV life insurance ads offer.
- Affordable premiums for those on fixed incomes.
- Plans offering immediate approval with NO health questions asked!
- Coverage available from 18 to 90 years old!
Bottom line, if you’re looking for a peace of mind, and want your family to have no burden when you pass, then these plans are for you!
Here’s how to get a free quote
Click here and we’ll get you a quote in minutes and get you the peace of mind you deserve!