Can You Buy Gum With Food Stamps? [Learn The Facts]
Many of us love the occasional treat and refreshment that chewing gum provides, but is it possible to purchase it with food stamps?
While the majority of the EBT card money is allocated to nutritious and healthful food, we can’t help but wonder whether we may buy some candies, desserts, and gum. If you have the same question, keep reading to find out more.
NOTE: Interested in life insurance to cover final expenses like funeral and cremation costs? Or do you want to leave extra money behind to a loved one?
If so, we have access to affordable, high-quality life insurance products that:
- Is available from 0-90 years old! (in most states)
- $1,000 to $100,000+ in permanent insurance coverage (fits ANY budget)
- No medical exams necessary.
- Rates NEVER increase!
- If qualified, you may receive first-day full coverage!
- Prices are VERY affordable, and designed for people on tight budgets.
If you’re interested in getting a free no-obligation quote, please click the link here to run quotes and see which of our top-rated insurance carriers you may qualify for!
Quick Navigation Article Links
- Can You Buy Gum With Food Stamps?
- What can you buy with an EBT card?
- What you can’t buy with the EBT card?
- Need Burial Insurance?
Can You Buy Gum With Food Stamps?
Yes, gum, or chewing gum, is an acceptable item for which you can use your food stamps.
Given that you are not really consuming the gum, this may be perplexing to some, so allow us to clarify more.
The SNAP benefits are meant to enable those in need of financial assistance in purchasing essential meals and nutrition. However, this includes candy, drinks, and gum.
The item is on the list of qualifying products you may pay for with the EBT card as long as it is declared edible by the government and the United States Department of Agriculture. This includes gum.
However, because there have been occasional exceptions with certain types of gum, it is wise to verify with the cashier before adding it to your order.
Is this true for all candies?
Yes. Food stamps may be used to buy candy, desserts, drinks, and even coffee.
There are a few limitations that we will discuss later, but in general, all edible foods may be purchased and paid for using an EBT card.
Some may argue that chewing gum is not a necessary dietary item, but it may be considered a treat or dessert that is necessary for an individual’s well-being. This modest purchase may not be in the budget, but it can give some comfort to families with children.
What Can You Buy With An EBT Card?
Let’s explore what else is available now that we know we can buy an occasional treat using EBT cards.
Here are a couple of such examples:
- Milk, and other dairy products
- Meat, fish, and poultry
- Baby formula
- Vegetables and fruit
- Coffee pods, beans, and bags
For families that are concerned about their monthly budget, SNAP benefits will provide peace of mind as well as nutritional meals every day. With a few treats thrown in now and then.
What You Can’t Buy With The EBT Card?
Some goods are just not eligible for purchase with food stamps, and these are as follows:
- Beer, wine, liquor, and any alcohol
- Pet food
- Supplements and vitamins
- Soaps, shampoos, and other hygiene products
- Paper products
- Tobacco and cigarettes
- Hot foods, coffee included
These products can be purchased if you are of legal purchasing age for some, but they must be paid for with another payment method, such as cash or credit card.
If you’re in the mood for sweet chewing gum or just want to make an exception for your children, you now know you can pay for it using food stamps. Aside from providing nutritious food, SNAP payments should be utilized to improve the lives of low-income families, and even the simplest gesture may brighten someone’s day.
Need Burial Insurance?
In addition to helping people with their Direct Express, questions we help people like you qualify for quality final expense life insurance coverage that pays off your funeral and cremation expenses.
These burial insurance plans are perfect for those who are retired or disabled and on a fixed income, and want peace of mind, knowing their final expenses are covered.
Some of the benefits of these programs include:
- Rates NEVER increase like a lot of the junk mail life insurance companies you see.
- Coverage NEVER cancels due to age or health as long as you pay your premium.
- If eligible, you may qualify for first day FULL coverage with NO waiting period like many of the TV life insurance ads offer.
- Affordable premiums for those on fixed incomes.
- Plans offering immediate approval with NO health questions asked!
- Coverage available from 18 to 90 years old!
Bottom line, if you’re looking for a peace of mind, and want your family to have no burden when you pass, then these plans are for you!
Here’s how to get a free quote
Click here and we’ll get you a quote in minutes and get you the peace of mind you deserve!