Who doesn’t love a bargain? When it comes to food shopping, Aldi is perfect for discount food and supplies.
However, if you use EBT and food stamp benefits, you might be worried about whether your food stamps will be accepted. So, let’s discuss what you can and can’t buy at Aldi with EBT, as well as some commonly asked questions.
NOTE: Interested in life insurance to cover final expenses like funeral and cremation costs? Or do you want to leave extra money behind to a loved one?
If so, we have access to affordable, high-quality life insurance products that:
- Is available from 0-90 years old! (in most states)
- $1,000 to $100,000+ in permanent insurance coverage (fits ANY budget)
- No medical exams necessary.
- Rates NEVER increase!
- If qualified, you may receive first-day full coverage!
- Prices are VERY affordable, and designed for people on tight budgets.
If you’re interested in getting a free no-obligation quote, please click the link here to run quotes and see which of our top-rated insurance carriers you may qualify for!
Table Of Contents:
- Does Aldi Take Food Stamps?
- What Can I Buy With EBT At Aldi?
- What Can’t I Buy With EBT At Aldi?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- The Bottom Line
- Need Burial Insurance?
Does Aldi Take Food Stamps?
You can use your EBT card at the Aldi checkout just as you would a normal payment card. Aldi also offers an option to make multiple payments on one order. This means that if you’re buying SNAP-approved products (like food) and unapproved products (such as cleaning supplies and hygiene products), you can pay for your items separately.
What Can I Buy With EBT At Aldi?
EBT/SNAP benefits are designed to pay for extra food for a household. Most food-based groceries are covered by EBT.
Here’s what you can buy:
- Fruit and veg
- Meat, poultry, and fish
- Bread and cereals
- Nuts and seeds
- Non-alcoholic beverages
- Dairy products
- Snack foods
If food is designed to be prepared at home, it’s likely covered by your EBT card.
What Can’t I Buy With EBT At Aldi?
There are plenty of non-food groceries to buy at Aldi. Unfortunately, if it isn’t food, your SNAP/EBT won’t cover it.
Here’s what you can’t buy with EBT:
- Furniture/home decorations
- Pet food
- Medicines, vitamins, and supplements
- Hot food (such as a rotisserie chicken), and restaurant food
- Household supplies
- Paper goods
- Cleaning products
- Hygiene, grooming, and sanitary products
- Alcoholic beverages
- Tobacco products
- Foods and drinks classed as supplements (such as some energy drinks)
If you try to buy something not approved for SNAP – even if it’s unintentional – your EBT card will decline at the checkout, and you’ll have to figure out which of your items is causing the problem.
Unfortunately, products like hygiene, cleaning, and sanitary items (which are certainly essential!) aren’t covered by EBT. You’ll need to buy these products out of your own money.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I use my EBT card at Aldi?
You can use your EBT card to pay the same way as you would with a regular payment card. Swipe or insert your card, enter your 4-digit PIN, and your payment is complete. You can also use your EBT card at the self-checkout tills.
- Can I shop online with my EBT card?
Most stores that allow online shopping will accept EBT cards. You can shop the same way you usually do online, and use your EBT card to pay.
The Bottom Line
Most modern stores accept EBT cards. However, if in doubt, ask a store worker before you begin shopping!
Need Burial Insurance?
In addition to helping people with their Direct Express, questions we help people like you qualify for quality final expense life insurance coverage that pays off your funeral and cremation expenses.
These burial insurance plans are perfect for those who are retired or disabled and on a fixed income, and want peace of mind, knowing their final expenses are covered.
Some of the benefits of these programs include:
- Rates NEVER increase like a lot of the junk mail life insurance companies you see.
- Coverage NEVER cancels due to age or health as long as you pay your premium.
- If eligible, you may qualify for first day FULL coverage with NO waiting period like many of the TV life insurance ads offer.
- Affordable premiums for those on fixed incomes.
- Plans offering immediate approval with NO health questions asked!
- Coverage available from 18 to 90 years old!
Bottom line, if you’re looking for a peace of mind, and want your family to have no burden when you pass, then these plans are for you!
Here’s how to get a free quote
Click here and we’ll get you a quote in minutes and get you the peace of mind you deserve!